Our P&C employs committed and caring staff to provide administrative support and to help run our three school-based businesses: Tuckshop, Uniform Shop and YOSHC (Yeronga Out of School Hours Care).
Below are the positions currently open for applications. Members of our school community are encouraged to apply if the position appeals and you are suitably qualified.
We have an exciting opportunity for a responsible, caring, passionate Cook to join our YOSHC team. This role is perfect for someone seeking flexible employment during school hours (school holiday shifts also involved).
Join a team of motivated and dedicated individuals providing care to school aged children. YOSHC prides itself on the high quality service we provide collaboratively with the school and local community.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan and prepare nutritious, well-presented and appropriate meals and snacks for school-aged children, during Before and After School Care as well as Holiday Care
- Develop a seasonal menu that caters for individual requirements, i.e. medical conditions, food preferences and cultural considerations
- Ensure that best practice food safety and hygienic standards are upheld in the kitchen
- Provide training to Educators regarding best food practice
- Build positive connections with families, children, management and staff from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Applicants must be happy, flexible, independent, caring and enthusiastic
- Available for 25 hours per week (5 hours a day, Monday to Friday, including during school holidays), initially on a casual basis with the potential to go permanent part-time
- Experience in preparing meals is essential
- Food preparation qualifications are preferable
- Hospitality experience or catering experience within a childcare environment is desirable
- Must have or able to complete a valid full First Aid certification, CPR and Asthma and Anaphylaxis Management Certification
- Must have or be able to obtain a Suitability Card or Working with Children Check Card (Blue Card).
If you would like to be a part of our growing and exciting YOSHC team please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by COB Friday the 13th of March.