Our P&C employs committed and caring staff to provide administrative support and to help run our three school-based businesses: Tuckshop, Uniform Shop and YOSHC (Yeronga Out of School Hours Care).
Below are the positions currently open for applications. Members of our school community are encouraged to apply if the position appeals and you are suitably qualified.
Exciting and well paid opportunity to lead a vibrant team and make a difference to children’s lives
We are seeking a passionate and experienced leader to become our Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) Manager. The successful candidate will lead an energetic team and a service that provides high quality play-based educational programs for children:
- Opportunity for leadership
- Positive, fun and inclusive workplace in an appreciative community
- Well paid and flexible position with long-term possibilities
- Salary negotiable for the successful candidate (based on P&C Associations Award – State 2016 – level 7 Classification).
About the role
Having experienced strong growth for several years, we are seeking an experienced education and management professional to lead and expand the capacity of our YOSHC service to meet the needs of our school community.
We would love to hear from you if you have the necessary experience and qualifications, and are committed to:
- creating a safe, welcoming and enjoyable environment for children,
- communicating positively with parents,
- continuously improving the quality of education and care for children in our service, and
- working collaboratively to embed quality practices.
The P&C is seeking a person with excellent management and interpersonal skills, as well as the experience and ability to successfully lead the service through a period of growth and quality improvement. While ideally you will have strong child care or education background, the P&C is open to people with excellent general management skills, experience and background that can be brought to this role from other relevant industries.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is organised, passionate, community-minded, committed to supporting children to thrive, and is able to work both autonomously and collaboratively as part of a leadership team (including the P&C’s Operations Manager, and the P&C Executive team as the Approved Provider of the YOSHC service).
As the declared Nominated Supervisor this role encompasses day-to-day and strategic operations of the service: administration, human resource management, compliance management including policies and procedures, risk minimisation, quality improvement planning, family and community engagement, management of financial matters within P&C approved budgets, liaising with key stakeholders and effective, regular reporting to the P&C.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Director/Coordinator/Manager or equivalent position of a service for children, or related industry, with a strong preference for experience operating a large community-owned OSHC service.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and be across all facets of the service, as well as collaboratively with peers and supervisors.
- Proven ability to build and maintain supportive and trusting relationships with children and families.
- A high level of interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively facilitate teamwork, conflict resolution and support the development of others.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee program planning including design, delivery and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to drive quality improvement and business outcomes.
Applicants must have a strong knowledge and understanding of the Legislation relating to Education and Care Services, National Quality Standards and Child Care Subsidy (CCS).
To be successful in this role you must hold:
- A relevant post-secondary qualification.
- Working with Children Check – Blue Card.
- Senior first aid including CPR, emergency asthma management and anaphylaxis training.
Hours, Conditions & Award:
Our preference is for this to be a Full-Time position (38 hours per week). However, the P&C is open to negotiating a flexible, mutually agreeable working arrangement should the ideal candidate need it.
As the P&C is seeking a highly skilled candidate, the remuneration will be at the Parents and Citizens Associations Award – State 2016 – level 7 Classification.
How to apply:
If you believe you are the person we are looking for, please send your application to the P&C Executive via firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include:
- a covering letter addressing the 6 Selection Criteria;
- a current curriculum vitae, with contact details, and the names and contact details of two (2) referees;
- a copy of academic transcripts and/or professional qualifications; and
- a copy of your current Blue Card/Positive Notice.
If you would like to discuss this position in further detail please contact Kym Mansfield on 0416 516 663 or Hamish Townsend on 0429 650 063.