Our P&C employs committed and caring staff to provide administrative support and to help run our three school-based businesses: Tuckshop, Uniform Shop and YOSHC (Yeronga Out of School Hours Care).
Below are the positions currently open for applications. Members of our school community are encouraged to apply if the position appeals and you are suitably qualified.
Great opportunity to lead an energetic team and an awesome service that makes a genuine difference to the lives of our children.
- Opportunity for leadership
- Positive, fun and diverse workplace in an appreciative community
- Well paid, stable position with long-term possibilities.
About the role
YOSHC has experienced strong growth for a number of years and we are seeking an experience education and management professional to lead and expand the capacity of the service while continuously improving the quality of education and care for the children in our community.
Applicants must be dedicated to creating a safe, welcoming and enjoyable environment for our children and communicating well with parents. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively with current leaders, the P&C Operations Manager, and the P&C Executive to embed quality practices.
The P&C is seeking a person with excellent management and interpersonal skills, as well as the experience and ability to successfully lead the service through a period of growth to meet the needs of our community. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who organised, passionate, community-minded, committed to supporting children to thrive, and is and able to work both autonomously and collaboratively as part of a leadership team.
While ideally you will have strong child care background, the P&C is open to people with excellent skills, experience and background that can be brought to this role from other relevant industries. The successful candidate will form a close working relationship with the P&C’s Operations Manager, as well as the P&C Executive team as the Approved Provider of the YOSHC service.
As the declared Nominated Supervisor this role encompasses day-to-day and strategic operations of the service: administration, human resource management, compliance management including policies and procedures, risk minimisation, quality improvement planning, family and community engagement, management of financial matters within P&C approved budgets, liaising with key stakeholders and effective, regular reporting to the P&C.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Director/Coordinator/Manager or equivalent position of a service for children, or related industry, with a strong preference for experience operating a large community-owned OSHC service.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and be across all facets of the service, as well as collaboratively with peers and supervisors.
- Proven ability to build and maintain supportive and trusting relationships with children and families.
- A high level of interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively facilitate teamwork, conflict resolution and support the development of others.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee program planning including design, delivery and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to drive quality improvement and business outcomes.
Applicants must have a strong knowledge and understanding of the Legislation relating to Education and Care Services, National Quality Standards and Child Care Subsidy (CCS).
To be successful in this role you must hold:
- A relevant post-secondary qualification.
- Working with Children Check – Blue Card.
- Senior first aid including CPR, emergency asthma management and anaphylaxis training.
Hours, Conditions & Award:
This is a Full-Time position (38 hours per week).
As the P&C is seeking a highly skilled candidate, the remuneration will be at the Parents and Citizens Associations Award – State 2016 – level 7 Classification.
How to apply:
If you believe you are the person we are looking for, please send your application to the P&C Executive via email@example.com. Applications should include:
- a covering letter addressing the 6 Selection Criteria;
- a current curriculum vitae, with contact details, and the names and contact details of two (2) referees;
- a copy of academic transcripts and/or professional qualifications; and
- a copy of your current Blue Card/Positive Notice.
If you would like to discuss this position in further detail please contact Hamish Townsend on 0429 650 063.