Our P&C employs committed and caring staff to provide administrative support and to help run our three school-based businesses: Tuckshop, Uniform Shop and YOSHC (Yeronga Out of School Hours Care).
Below are the positions currently open for applications. Members of our school community are encouraged to apply if the position appeals and you are suitably qualified.
Opportunities to join our dedicated YOSHC team
Position 1: YOSHC Manager
Exciting professional opportunity to lead a vibrant team and make a difference to children’s lives
We are seeking a passionate and experienced leader to become our Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) Manager. The successful candidate will collaboratively lead an energetic team and a service that provides high quality play-based educational programs for children.
Opportunity for leadership
- Positive, fun and inclusive workplace in an appreciative community
- Well paid and flexible position with long-term possibilities
- Salary negotiable for the successful candidate (based on P&C Associations Award – State 2016 – level 7 Classification).
About the role
Having experienced strong growth for several years, we are seeking an experienced education and management professional to lead and expand the capacity of our YOSHC service to meet the needs of our school community.
We would love to hear from you if you have the necessary experience and qualifications, and are committed to:
- creating a safe, welcoming and enjoyable environment for children,
- communicating positively with parents and the Yeronga State School community,
- continuously improving the quality of education and care for children in our service, and
- working collaboratively with YOSHC Assistant Managers, staff, and the P&C Executive Committee (Approved Provider) to embed quality practices.
The P&C is seeking a person with outstanding people management and interpersonal skills, as well as the experience and ability to successfully lead the service through a period of growth and quality improvement. While ideally you will have strong child care or education background, the P&C is open to people with excellent general management skills, experience and background that can be brought to this role from other relevant industries.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is organised, passionate, community-minded, committed to supporting children to thrive, and is able to work both autonomously and collaboratively as part of a leadership team (including the YOSHC Assistant Manager team, P&C Operations Manager, and the P&C Executive team as the Approved Provider of the YOSHC service).
As the declared Nominated Supervisor this role encompasses day-to-day and strategic operations of the service: administration, human resource management, compliance management including policies and procedures, risk minimisation, quality improvement planning, family and community engagement, management of financial matters within P&C approved budgets, liaising with key stakeholders and effective, regular reporting to the P&C.
Please see the YOSHC Manager position description for further information.
- Essential: Minimum educational achievement of Diploma of Children’s Services or equivalent relevant qualifications. Desirable: Tertiary (bachelor-level) qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Legislation relating to Education and Care Services, the National Quality Standards and Child Care Subsidy (CCS), and experience in adhering to legislative frameworks and organisational requirements.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Director/Coordinator/Manager or equivalent position of a service for children, or related industry, with a strong preference for experience operating a large community-owned OSHC service.
- It is essential that our YOSHC Manager is a naturally strong ‘people person’ who can demonstrate excellence in building positive collaborative and respectful relationships with staff, children, parents, families, volunteer supervisors (P&C Executive Committee), communities, school leadership and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and to be across all facets of the service, and to work collaboratively with peers, staff and supervisors to realise the services vision, philosophy and goals.
- Proven ability to build and maintain supportive and trusting relationships with children and families.
- A high level of interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively facilitate teamwork, conflict resolution and support the development of others.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee program planning including design, delivery and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to drive quality improvement and business outcomes.
To be successful in this role you must hold:
- A relevant post-secondary qualification.
- Paid Working with Children Check – Blue Card.
- Senior first aid including CPR, emergency asthma management and anaphylaxis training.
Hours, Conditions & Award
This is a permanent role that can be performed in a full-time or part-time capacity – minimum 30 hours – by the ideal candidate. The P&C will negotiate a mutually agreeable working arrangement for the successful candidate.
As the P&C is seeking a highly skilled and experienced candidate, the remuneration will be at the Parents and Citizens Associations Award – State 2016 – level 7 Classification.
How to apply
If you believe you are the person we are looking for, please send your application to the P&C Executive via email@example.com. Applications should include:
- a covering letter addressing the Selection Criteria;
- a current curriculum vitae, with contact details, and the names and contact details of two (2) referees;
- a copy of academic transcripts and/or professional qualifications; and
- a copy of your current paid Blue Card/Positive Notice.
If you would like to discuss this position in further detail please contact Kym Mansfield on 0416 516 663 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position 2: Seeking new Educators
We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate people to join the Educator team to provide quality care and child-led educational programs for primary school aged children at Yeronga Outside School Hours Care (YOSHC).
Working as part of our dynamic and dedicated team, you will provide high quality care for children, and play a key role in planning, implementing and evaluating play and learning experiences in consultation with our children, their families and YOSHC team members. We strive to provide environments, interactions and programs that nurture, stimulate and guide each child’s development.
To succeed in this role:
- A positive attitude and a passion for the care of children are essential
- Understanding of the My Time, Our Place framework for school aged care in Australia is desirable
- Previous experience working in an OSHC or similar childcare or educational setting is advantageous but not essential.
Please see the Educator Position Description for further information.
YOSHC is a dynamic, equal opportunity employer committed to an equitable, diverse and socially inclusive work environment. We are proud of our safe and inclusive culture where our people look forward to coming to work and are empowered to play to their strengths and interests in leading quality educational programs for children. At YOSHC we are passionate and energetic, and work collaboratively to build a safe, healthy and happy community. Progress is important to us and we make it a priority to invest in our people’s wellbeing, growth and development. Numerous training and staff development opportunities are offered throughout the year and the Yeronga State School P&C Association supports staff wellbeing through being responsive to staff needs and offering an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment. Before commencing work at YOSHC you must also have or acquire a paid Blue Card and appropriate First Aid Certificates.
Applying to be a YOSHC Educator
We currently have multiple casual positions available. YOSHC is open Monday to Friday, 7:00am-6:00pm, all weeks of the year, except the Christmas/New Year period when the service closes for 2 weeks.
Educator shifts during the school term are 7:00-9.30am and/or 2:00/2.30-6:00pm. During school holidays shifts are are usually 6 to 8 hours. If you are a passionate and committed team player seeking an Educator role in a positive team culture, then a position at YOSHC is for you!
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or have an appropriate work visa.
Please send your Resume and Cover letter to email@example.com.